- main character in TDA
- her parents are both American
- is an orphan, her parents died in 2007, “her father was a violinist” (The Mortal Instruments timeline; scroll down the page to The Dark Artifices)
- Julian’s parabatai -> “they’ve known each other forever. They can communicate almost without talking. They sleep in each other’s beds. They fight together.[…] Julian grounds Emma”
- has been friends with Julian since they were five years old
- Emma and Julian “are bonded together in part by the traumatic events of […] City of Heavenly Fire”
- 11 or 12 years old in CoLS/teen in TDA
- is blonde
- has blue eyes
- for a full description of Emma’s appearance click here
- likes to fight and train and kill things (it’s her passion)
- “very determined, she’s very good at what she does”
- “has met some Shadowhunters from NYC who fought in the Mortal War”
- wants to be ‘as badass “as Jace Lightwood”’
- is “as sarcastic and arrogant as Jace” and “a bad girl”
- is “the fiercest warrior and most skilled young Shadowhunter since Jace Wayland” -> she doesn’t have special Shadowhunter powers, she just works every hard
- weapons: the repeating crossbow, wind-and-fire wheels
- “probably more technically skilled than Izzy”
- has feelings for Julian
- there is “a scene at the end of Clockwork Princess that connects directly up with Emma.” -> SPOILER FOR CLOCKWORK PRINCESS! Will and Tessa meet Emma’s ancestor Elias Carstairs (Jem’s uncle). Her sword Cortana once belonged to Elias.
- Emma is petrified of the ocean (she actually “has nightmares about being pinned down at the bottom of the ocean with thousands of tons of black water on top of her”) and we’ll find out why in City of Heavenly Fire
- According to Emma, she has had dozens of boyfriends.
- you can see her tarot card here
- main character in TDA
- one parent is American, the other is British
- Emma’s parabatai -> “they’ve known each other forever. They can communicate almost without talking. They sleep in each other’s beds. They fight together.[…] Julian grounds Emma
- has been friends with Emma since they were five years old
- Julian and Emma “are bonded together in part by the traumatic events of […] City of Heavenly Fire”.
- 12 years old in CoLS, 17 in TDA
- has brown hair
- Cassie imagines Julian as really lanky and fine-featured
- Cassie is “thinking of Julian as dark-haired, a little vulnerable, a painter, someone who wears all black, bites his nails and is likely to pull his sleeves down over his hands.”
- “is really tall and thin”
- “has brown hair and blue-green eyes”
- for a full description of Julian’s appearance click here
- “paints in oils mostly, some watercolor […] a fine artist”
- “Julian sits on the roof of the Institute and paints the ocean. He paints the things he loves, mainly.”
- Julian’s favourite sibling is Tiberius, he calls him “Ty”
- “is allergic to compound fruit”
- is very different to Will and Jace
- “Jules is thoughtful and stubborn, perfectly confident but not someone who opens up to a lot of people. . He has a huge responsibility that sits on his shoulders and to which he is beholden and that makes him very different than both Will and Jace. He is funny, but not like Will or Jace are funny”
- “takes care of all his younger brothers and sisters and they basically have no one else”
- Julian is also sweet
Julian is sexier than all the other Shadowhunter boys. He’ll be a sex-god->”Julian is sexy […] but not in the same way Will or Jace or Jem is”
- weapons: throwing knives, seraph blades
- Julian’s tarot cards here and here
- Julian smokes (or here)
- Rule one of being a Shadowhunter: tell everyone who asks “ARE JACE AND CLARY RELATED?!??!?!?!” Yes. You tell them YES.
- Rule two of being a Shadowhunter: If someone asks for no spoilers, you spam them with fake spoilers.
- Rule three of being a Shadowhunter: ALWAYS accept that Jamie is Jace
- Rule four of being a Shadowhunter: Love and respect your parabatai as if you were really Jem and Will.
- Rule five of being a Shadowhunter: You MUST shout incest at the cinema screen when Clace kiss to confuse some bitches.
- Rule six of being a Shadowhunter: When someone dies, you say Ave Atque Vale.
- Rule seven of being a Shadowhunter: Always support Simons band. No matter how shit it is.
- Rule eight of being a Shadowhunter: Always look better in black than the widows of your enemies.
- Rule nine of being a Shadowhunter: Always ask Jace if you can touch his mangoes.
- Rule ten of being a Shadowhunter: Nothing less than 7 inches.
- Unofficial rule eleven of being a Shadowhunter: yank on Valentine’s ponybraid if you see him. It makes him squeal.
DO YOU EVER JUST START AN EPISODE AND YOU’RE LIKE
I KNOW THIS EPISODE TUMBLR TALKS ABOUT THIS EPISODE
my sense of style is
“fuck im late”
“what is this”
“i love this shirt im gonna wear it for 2 weeks straight”
“this looks like i am on shake it up chicago”